If you are considering getting your carpets professionally cleaned to enhance the look and feel home, remove harsh stains, or reap the health benefits of carpet cleaning, then you may be trying to determine how to prepare for carpet cleaners. It can be easy to get overwhelmed with thoughts of cleaning up the house and moving all of your furniture, but there are simple steps to aid the process of cleaning carpets in your home.
As a professional carpet cleaner in Colorado Springs, Hydro Clean Carpet Cleaning understands that having your carpets professionally cleaned can seem like just another large item on your to-do list. Although our expert, IIRC certified technicians have extensive experience working effectively in various home configurations, there are some simple steps you can take to ensure your carpet gets the best, most efficient clean possible.
Steps to Prepare for Carpet Cleaning
- Pick Up Small Items from the Floor – Picking up smaller items off the floor, like toys and TV remotes will streamline the process for your carpet cleaner. Without these items on the carpet, you won’t need to worry about possessions getting sucked into the carpet cleaning hose or otherwise misplaced.
- Put Valuable and Fragile Items Away – Before the carpet cleaner arrives, it is suggested that you put valuable and fragile items in a safe place, like a room that isn’t getting cleaned. Most certified technicians take the utmost care when entering your home, but putting these items away will ensure no accidents happen, like the carpet cleaning hose knocking something over.
- Vacuum the Carpet – Vacuuming your carpet before the carpet cleaner arrives is a great way to get the most dirt and debris picked up, allowing the carpet cleaner to focus on stains or soiled-in dirt. However, some carpet cleaners include vacuuming in their process, so it is best to ask ahead of time to save yourself the time.
- Moving Furniture – Deciding if you should move furniture or not should be based on what your professional carpet cleaner’s protocol is. It is important to ask when scheduling an appointment because some companies may charge extra to move furniture to clean the carpet underneath or won’t move furniture at all.
- Set Up a Safe Space for Pets and Children – Finally, it is important to prepare a space for your pets and children to be safe during the carpet cleaning. Some great options include setting up a room that isn’t getting cleaned, have them play outside, or take them to a friend’s or neighbor’s house. This allows the carpet cleaning technician to move freely and you will have peace of mind knowing your pets and children aren’t put in harm’s way.
- Take Note of Problem Stops – Knowing where stains or carpet damage is makes it easier to point out those spots to the carpet cleaning technician upon arrival. This helps ensure that those problem areas are properly attended to.
- Save a Parking Spot – Another small step you can take to prepare for the arrival of your carpet cleaner is to free up a parking space for the carpet cleaning van. A parking spot close to the front door is ideal, so the van is close to the house, making it easier for the equipment to reach.
Are You Prepared for Professional Carpet Cleaning?|Hydro Clean Carpet Cleaning
At Hydro Clean Carpet Cleaning, keeping your family and possessions safe is our top priority. Throughout your initial consultation and home walk-through, we will discuss high areas of traffic, concern, and how to best prepare the area given your unique home set-up and needs. We know the carpet cleaning process can seem daunting, but our years of experience allow us to work efficiently with minimal disturbance to your home. If you are ready to get your carpets cleaned, book your appointment with Hydro Clean Carpet Cleaning today.